Hey guys! If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say the word butterbeer. For you non-harry potter fans I’ll explain it to you. Butterbeer is a popular drink in the magical world of Harry Potter. “What does it taste like?” you might ask. It is a non-alcoholic butterscotch flavored cream soda drink with a frothy whipped cream top. I’m going to show you how to make it, so let’s get started!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 4 12 ounce bottles of cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 of the heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of the heavy cream.Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Add additional cream soda, then spoon on whipped topping. Enjoy!